Easy Folk Songs Volume 1 - For Solo Fingerstyle or Classical Guitar
Easy Folk Songs Volume 1 - For Solo Fingerstyle or Classical Guitar - 25 folk songs from around the world. Level is easy to easy-intermediate. Includes both a notation-only edition and a TAB edition. Video Performances, Left hand fingering, 103 pages. 2020 edition. This is a PDF Download.
Book includes both a notation-only edition and a notation+TAB edition. The arrangements favour ease and playability. Each song contains two arrangements of the song that can be played together as one continuous work or played separately. The first time through is easy level with melody, bass, and simple chord shapes. The second time has more active accompaniment suitable for intermediates. Look inside the Preface and Table of Contents.
About the Level: Some might consider ‘easy’ to be early-intermediate (Grade 1-3). The easy arrangements are intended for students who have completed a beginner method book series such as my Method Book Vol.1 & 2.
YouTube Video Performance
YouTube Video Links for Each Song
- Amazing Grace (American)
- The Bamboo Flute, 紫竹调 (Chinese)
- The Banks of the Don (Canadian)
- The Big Rock Candy Mountain (American)
- Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes (English)
- El Noi de la Mare (Spanish/Catalan)
- El Testament d'Amèlia (Spanish/Catalan)
- Flash Jack from Gundagai (Australian)
- The Foggy, Foggy Dew (Irish)
- The Galway Piper (Irish)
- The Gypsy Rover (Irish)
- Homeward from the Mountains (Norwegian)
- I’se the B’y That Builds the Boat (Canadian)
- Little Snowball Bush / Kalinka (Russian)
- The Oak and the Ash (English)
- On a Crystal Throne / Necken’s Polska (Swedish)
- Red River Valley (American)
- The Rising of the Moon (Irish)
- St. James Infirmary Blues (American)
- Simple Gifts (American)
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child (American)
- Song of the Volga Boatman (Russian)
- ’Tis the Last Rose of Summer (Irish)
- Tom Dooley (American)
- Wayfaring Stranger (American)
Cover image for hardcopy and promotion. PDF cover is plain text for best printing.