Ten Classical Etudes (PDF)
Ten Classical Etudes by Sor, Carcassi, & Giuliani
For intermediate classical guitar with fingerings, tips, and video Lessons. Comes with two editions: Notation & Notation + TAB. PDF Download (40 pages). Edited and Fingered by Bradford Werner. The level is intermediate (approx. RCM Grade 4-7).
The etudes have been arranged in a progressive order from easier to more difficult. The first and last etude emphasize the importance of using etudes to develop a musical technique. I have tested all these etudes with my students and found them to be very beneficial for learning musical and technical concepts. You can also find some of these works in hardcopy in my Classical Guitar Tab book on Amazon.
YouTube Video Lessons
- Sor Study, No. 6, Op. 60 by Fernando Sor
- Allegretto, No. 22, Op. 50 by Mauro Giuliani
- Allegro Moderato, Study No. 14, Op. 60 by Matteo Carcassi
- Allegro Moderato, Study No. 19, Op. 60 by Matteo Carcassi
- Moderato, Study No. 6, Op. 60 by Matteo Carcassi
- Allegro Moderato, Study, No. 24, Op. 60 by Fernando Sor
- Allegretto, Study No. 10, Op. 60 by Matteo Carcassi
- Thirds in G Major No. 5, Op. 1 by Mauro Giuliani
- Octaves in G Major No. 7, Op. 1 by Mauro Giuliani
- Study in B Minor (Allegretto) No. 22, Op. 35 by Fernando Sor
Pair one of these books with this one to compliment your studies:
- Classical Guitar Technique – Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Notation only, 122 pages, Gr. 1-9. Video lessons, hundreds of exercises.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Gr.1-6, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Great for Crossovers and those who need TAB.
Cover image is just for promotion, the PDF is a text cover.