Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 4 (PDF)
Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 4 - Lessons and pieces in notation only with fingering. A TAB supplement at the end includes the pieces (not the lessons). Before each performance edition there are two or three pages of lesson material to teach you concepts and prepare you to play the piece. Watch the free video lessons for even more insight. This item is a PDF Download. 49 Pages. 2020 Edition.
This book teaches classical guitar repertoire at the grade four level. The level is appropriate for students who have completed my Classical Guitar Method Volume 1 and 2 and the Grade 1 to 3 Repertoire Lesson books. This book introduces common tunings in classical guitar repertoire and develops technique skills, fingering choices, and musical ideas. The image samples on your left show examples of the book.
Contents and Lesson Topics - Each piece has two or three pages of lessons followed by a proper performance edition.
- Orlando Sleepeth by John Dowland - Renaissance Lute Work, Relative Lute Tuning
- Rondo, Op.241, No.34 by Ferdinando Carulli - Classical Era, Active Texture
- Lamento No.5, Op.89 by Jacques Bosch - Romantic Era, High Melody with Accompaniment
- Ejercicio in E Minor by Jose Ferrer - Late-Romantic, Spanish, Melody and Chord Shapes
- Estudio in E Minor by Francisco Tárrega - Romantic Era, Barre, Melody with Arpeggios
- Lágrima, Preludio by Francisco Tárrega - Romantic Era, Barre, Upper
Video Lessons for this Book (YouTube)
- Orlando Sleepeth by John Dowland
Rondo, Op.241, No.34 by Ferdinando Carulli
Lamento No.5, Op.89 by Jacques Bosch
Ejercicio in E Minor by Jose Ferrer
- Estudio in E Minor by Francisco Tárrega
- Lágrima, Preludio by Francisco Tárrega
Note: Estudio and Lagrima are also available as a free scores on the site. Cover image is for promotion, PDF is plain text. Image: Portrait of Monsieur Aublet by Guillaume Voiroit (1713–1799) and is public domain.