20 Favorite Exercises with TAB (PDF)
20 Favorite Exercises for Classical Guitar by Bradford Werner - For Beginner to Intermediate Classical Guitarists. Great for crossover students or those looking for a quick boost. Includes Notation with TAB, Video Lessons, Fingerings, Tips. 27 Pages, PDF Download.
20 Favorite Exercises for Classical Guitar was designed for students. It is particularly good for crossover students looking to boost their classical technique fast but orderly. The book progressive so each exercise builds on the previous one. You practice by creating a model technique for the first few exercises and maintain that model as you progress to the next one. Students are often held back by the difficult reading that patterned exercises create, the inclusion of tablature will help make this book accessible to all.
Looking for a more comprehensive book? Check out my full 122 page technique book that includes most of these exercises but with notation-only: Classical Guitar Technique – Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios
Need some etudes to pair with this book? Try out my Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons. Includes both notation-only edition and a TAB edition.
Video Lessons on YouTube
- No. 1 – Right Hand Walking or Alternation
- No. 2 & 3 – Basic Left Hand Position Exercise Horizontal Builders
- No. 4 – Basic Arpeggios, Balance, and Planting
- No. 5 – Basic Tremolo Exercise for Classical Guitar
- No. 6 – Left Hand Slur Exercise: Vertical Builder
- No. 7 – Left Hand Slur Exercise: Horizontal Builder
- No. 8 – Right Hand Cross-String Exercise
- No. 9 – Basic Rasgueado Exercise
- No. 10 – Fixed Position Exercise for the Left Hand
- No. 11 – Scale Exercise: Destination Points
- No. 12 – Scale Exercise: Rhythmic Vitality
- No. 13 – Scale Exercise: Articulation and Dynamics
- No. 14 – Slurs and Shifts Combo Exercise
- No. 15 – All-In-One-Arpeggio Pattern
- No. 16 – Barre Exercise for Guitar
- No. 17 – C Major Exercise in Thirds, Sixths, and Octaves
- No. 18 – Chromatic Scale in Octaves
- No. 19 – Scale Etude (alternating i-m)
- No. 20 – Triads & Arpeggios Etude
Cover image is just for promotion, the PDF is a text cover.