Major Scales for Classical Guitar (PDF)
Major Scales for Classical Guitar (PDF) - Beginner to Intermediate Classical Guitar. PDF download. Includes notation, TAB, fingering, some diagrams, tips, and more. 32 pages. 2019 Edition.
Includes: Common open and closed scale patterns up to four sharps or flats, two octaves (some three octaves), and examples of open string shifts. Also includes the five closed major scale patterns over the entire fretboard. Video lessons for the book and all scales via YouTube.
What is this book? This book is for the development of fretboard knowledge and technique for beginner to intermediate classical guitar. It is a manageable amount of information intended for students looking for a foundation in major scales. If a student can gain a foundation in major scales they will be much more prepared for the extensive world of minor scales and modes.
How comprehensive is it? I wanted this book to be straight-forward and manageable. Therefore, I’ve only included common scale patterns up to two octaves, except where three octaves are feasible. I have also limited the book to key signatures containing no more than four sharps and flats. That said, the final section of this book covers the entire fretboard and represents a significant study of major scales on the guitar. I hope these pages will introduce students to a number of concepts before studying other books and music theory.
YouTube Video Lessons
- Tips and ways to practice major scales
- C Major Scales for Guitar
- G Major Scales for Guitar
- D Major Scales for Guitar
- A Major Scales for Guitar
- E Major Scales for Guitar
- F Major Scales for Guitar
- Bb Major Scales for Guitar
- Eb Major Scales for Guitar
- Ab Major Scales for Guitar
- The Five Closed Major Scale Patterns Over the Entire Fretboard
How should I study this book?
Students with more experience may wish to start their study with the final section of this book on the Five Closed Major Scale Patterns Over the Entire Fretboard. This is an intense amount of information but will be relatable to all the scales in this book. Beginners can start by simply playing only one octave open position scales in each key.
More Recommended Books at this Level
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, Notation, Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Classical Guitar Method Vol. 2, Notation, Video Lessons, 89 pages
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 1 - Study grade one pieces with dedicated lessons for each piece
- Classical Guitar Technique – Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Notation, 122 pages, Gr. 1-9. Video lessons, hundreds of exercises. An important part of my educational series.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Gr.1-6, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Great for Crossovers.
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB